Friday, December 6, 2013

Deck the Halls...

Okay, there is something to be said about starting Christmas preparations in October or even, November.  It is December 6th and I have a nasty head cold and almost my entire Christmas prep list to accomplish.  Hummm...not sure how I'll do it?  By the grace of God go I...

Anyway, I got the Christmas decorating done yesterday. Yippee!  I use to do much more elaborate decking the halls in the ole days, but with just Hubby, myself and puppy I'm far less motivated.  Plus, we spend Christmas Eve and day at our daughter's homes.  Also, I've found as I get older well...I'm not really up to it any longer (my bad back makes an excellent excuse!).  Besides, I passed much of my holiday decorations onto my girls and the baton moves on.  Huh uh...


Now I promise you my decor does NOT look anything like this...


Or this...


But, not quite as bad has this...


or this...


In fact, you could say I used the K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid!) method...






Not exactly award winning, but it helps (with Christmas carols) to put me in the Christmas frame of mind...

and heh, isn't that the most important thang!!

*************************************************************
I shall keep you all posted on my progress, cold and all!  Sniff sniff sneeze


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!