Monday, January 13, 2014

I'd Rather Do Something Else...

I make plans.  I have a To Do list.  I am armed and ready.  This shall be a classic week where I accomplish most (if not all) my plans.  Yuppers...until...

I. Get. Distracted.

Which happens ALL the time!  Is this just me?  Please, please, tell me not!


I could blame it on menopause brain or growing older, except that it's been my problem since grade school.  Examples:  "Barbara would do so much better in her schoolwork if she wasn't so easily distracted."  " Barbara lacks focus and concentration, therefore not fulfilling her potential."

Hmmm...it seems this has been a lifelong habit.  And I do say, habit because when I NEED to focus I have the tenacity to drive people crazy!

I hate it!  I hate the fact, that I almost always wait until a crisis or at the very least, a "have to" before I'll buckle down and get the job done.

I know there is an actual disorder called ADD aka Attention Deficit Disorder. But this isn't me...nope...I suffer from IRDSE aka I'd Rather Do Something Else.  I do believe there are true cases of ADD among us and I genuinely feel empathy for these folks.  However...

I wonder how many kids and adults actually suffer from IRDSE?  In the case of children (and some adults) it may be more likely a case of IRBP aka I'd Rather Be Playing... 

Yes, indeedy...

I use distraction as an excuse to procrastinate!


How pathetic is that??  It's a wonder I get anything done!  Or maybe it's a matter of opinion?  Hmmm...

Nevertheless, I would like to make the promise to avoid distractions and focus, focus, focus!  But, I'd have to be confined to a 4x4 foot cell with nothing, nada, zippo in there to distract me because I am an expert, I mean a REAL EXPERT at finding distractions.  I could write a book about it except...

IRDSE!!


*************************************************************

Ta Ta!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!