Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My theories...Hmmm...

I had my mind on a most inspired post for the past few days, but was unable to get it written.  Well...
I should have jotted down the gist of it because, guess what?  It's gone, zippo, vanished, departed somewhere into the nether lands of blogging ideas!  But, not to despair for I am still full of innocuous bits of wisdom (???).


I have a theory about this winter of 2013/14...  While the snow piles up and up and up I'm reminded of the winters I experienced as a kid, where huge drifts created temporary toboggan runs and it was possible to make elaborate snow forts and the world was a winter wonderland that lasted until at least, April.  Winter was winter!  The seasons were very distinct and yes, I grew up on the Alberta prairies, not the Arctic!

Sadly, over that past few decades, so-called global warming (fodder for another blog) has seen less and less snow in winter, too warm temperatures and seasons that just kinda blurred into each other.  Without getting into the controversy about climate change; here is my theory...

What if...due to heightened awareness of the impact our carbon footprint leaves on the planet and the strides taken (or enforced) that have caused many of us to reduce pollution is actually starting to work?

What if... the reason this winter and even the mighty rains of Spring 2013 are in fact, the earth trying to heal herself?

What if... our efforts are beginning to pay off and we're returning to the well-defined separation of seasons, instead of schizo weather patterns that create +20C in January and -5 C July?  Time will tell...Hmmmm...

And then there is Miley...


Whasup???  Miley fully dressed and fairly low-keyed for New York's 2014 celebration?  I actually enjoyed her performance except for the tongue thang...but even that was somewhat restrained.  I have a thought...oh oh

Maybe Miley Cryus isn't the twerking, blonde bimbo one might think she is...

Maybe, just maybe, she is quite brilliant...(don't shoot me!!)

What if she pushed the shock envelope knowingly, destroying all Hannah Montana images, while flabbergasting everyone with her antics and new personification, thus creating worldwide attention?  I mean, she even stole the show at the AMA's from Lady Gaga and her human horse, not an easy feat!

Perhaps, this blonde dynamo realized that in order to produce a buzz, she'd have to go to extremes to shock, start controversy and upstage her peers?  And now...that she has succeeded perhaps, the more controlled New Years bash will set the stage for a less contentious Miley in 2014?  Time will tell...Hmmmm...

************************************************************

Tha..tha..that's all Folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!