Friday, June 13, 2014

Where Oh Where...

Okay, I've been on the lam, incognito, MIA, absent, dawdling, gone!  Well...not really gone, but definitely not blogging.  In fact, I was SHOCKED when I saw I haven't written a word since March 17th, 2014!

I have a ton of excuses, you know...

...busy
...preoccupied
...burnt out
...lazy

But, no real reason (except maybe lazy!) for not making time at least once a week, to exercise my composing muscles.  I can't even blame it on lack of ideas resulting in writer's block, although this does seem like a nifty defense.  But, truth is, there is always some subject I can rant and rave about like a lunatic.  Ask anyone who knows me!

Procrastinating. That about sums up my real reason.  I hate to admit this about myself, but I can be the Queen of Procrastinators!  Please, tell me I am not alone! This is a fault that can prove to be utterly and totally self-defeating and toxic. I mean, just check with any of my house plants in any given week!

So, what to do? What to do?

I could just accept it has a less than desirable character flaw.  I mean, REALLY, at my advanced age (snicker) it's too ingrained to change.  Right?  Or I could defend it by claiming almost everyone procrastinates on some things.  Again, right?  But...

...it really amounts to choice.  Right?  Right!

I choose to put off, delay, dilly-dally and generally postpone more than I care to admit!  And what is really, I mean...REALLY, crazy about this trait, is that some of the things I drag my feet on, I actually enjoy doing! Like, say...blogging!

So, take that to the psychologist's couch and mull it over!

But, without getting too far into my overwrought, impaired psyche, I'll just say unless it's a commitment to others, necessary for life or some such bottom line, crucial. life or death thang well...I just get LAZY!

la•zy
  [ley-zee]
adjective, la•zi•er, la•zi•est.
1.
averse or disinclined to work, activity, or exertion; indolent.
2.
causing idleness or indolence: a hot, lazy afternoon.
3.
slow-moving; sluggish: a lazy stream.
4.
(of a livestock brand) placed on its side instead of upright.
verb (used without object), la•zied, la•zy•ing.
5.
to laze.

Yuppers... it's truly a genetic flaw.  A bloodline matter that runs through my father's side which is another tale for another time.  But, here I am, returned from the wayward fields of whimsical and congenial intentions to satiate your appetite for my ingenious and dubious rhetoric...huh uh...

No promises of doing a weekly hat trick but, I certainly can try to entertain you (my favoured readers) on a more regular basis.

Here's to becoming diligent and conscientious!!

*****************************************************

No where to go, but...




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!