Friday, October 25, 2013

A Letter to God...

Dear God,

Hello from me.  It's been awhile since we've gotten together or really talked.  You know I've been so busy, busy, busy...

I've been doing well and standing staunchly on my own.  Yes, indeedy, you'd be proud.  Heh, didja hear I started a new job?  And moved to the city?   Yuppers, in fact, I started a whole new life!

Yes, I finally left the family like I've been threatening to for how many years?  They just didn't "get" me...you know how that goes?

The new job is quite a departure from my old one, but heh, you know what they say...a change is better than a rest.  My apartment is quite small, but I don't mind because I don't have that much stuff anyway. 

I wanted to bring along my old dog, Buster (can you believe he's still around?) but, it wasn't a good idea since I didn't know where I'd land when I left.  Still...I sure miss his wagging tail and happy barks when he saw me...

Haven't talked to any of my old friends lately, but I heard through the grapevine that they're very concerned about me.  Ha ha  They just don't "get" me either...

The city life does take some getting use to, but I'm learning the transit system and NOT getting lost too often!  Sure wish I could afford a car...  It'd be nice to be able to take a drive in the country on the weekends.  You know, get away from the "rat race"!  Yea...I sure do miss the fresh air and open spaces.  But...

heh, that's the price of finding yourself, right?

I heard that my best buddy was real sick last month, but sadly I couldn't get time off (new job) from work.  I know you'll look in...

I don't go out much anymore.  Just work, work, work!  But then I don't really know anyone anyway and who wants to go places alone, right?  Sure do miss the old gang sometimes...wonder how their doing?  But heh, while they"re stuck in their "day in and day out" lives; I'm rockin' the city life!

But, enough about me.  How are you doing?  Still busy watching over everyone? Ha ha  Can count on you to always be there for everyone.  Heh, didja get the new church built yet?  Yea, I bet it's been long time built.  You always got the job done by hook or by crook!

I imagine you're still helping out all over the community.  Gosh, it's great how you find the time.  But then you always do...  People sure would miss you if you ever left.

Well, I guess I should wrap up now...early morning coming...another long day. chuckle 

Listen if you ever get a chance to come to the city; I'd love to get together.  We could go out on the town or if not, spend a quiet night in.  It doesn't matter to me, it would be just wonderful to spend some time with ya.  You know...like ol' times...

Take care...love ya...miss you...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!