Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tuesday Tid Bits...

 

Why????
That's all I can say on this subject...

***************************************************************

And Didja know???

There are only 34 days until Christmas! And I just know everyone is right on the ball with everything...right?

Wrong!

Really?

Well, I am now able to say that I have reached a certain age where I can admit to failing to give a "rat's ass" if I'm on top of ...

Present buying,

Baking,

Decorating,

Card making,

Card sending,

Grocery shopping,

House cleaning,

Entertaining/Party attending,

Oh ya, don't forget the present wrapping...

and...

any other "must do, can't forget, earth shattering" Christmas details I may have overlooked!!

Yes, indeedy...I am of a certain age where ALL (or most all)  these glorious details have been passed on to my two wonderful daughters.

Booya!  The glory of having had children!!

***************************************************************

Speaking of details; didja know?

1. Because they viewed Christmas as a decadent Catholic holiday, the Puritans in America banned all Christmas celebrations from 1659-1681 with a penalty of five shillings for each offense. Some Puritan leaders condemned those who favored Christmas as enemies of the Christian religion.     

2. Oklahoma was the last U.S. state to declare Christmas a legal holiday, in 1907.

3. Puritan Oliver Cromwell outlawed Christmas celebrations and carols in England from 1649-1660. The only celebrations allowed were sermons and prayers

Talk about Bah Humbug!!!

***************************************************************
On a lighter note...

Hubby and I are arguing about which Christmas Tree to go with this year. Perhaps you could help us decide...

Tree Number One - The Beer Bottle Design! (1000 beer bottles - hmmm...)


As I'm sure you guessed, this would be Hubby's choice!

Tree Number Two - The Effect after drinking ALL those beer!!

My choice, of course!!

Now any comments you'd like to share would help settle the argument. Thanks and..

That's it for Tuesday Tid Bits!!









2 comments:

  1. In New Zealand they hang their trees, upside down, from the ceiling! ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bottle tree - too funny I was just looking at pictures of bottle trees yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!