Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tuesday Tid Bits...

Okay, so what's on the menu for today?  Hmmm...

After a long day checking emails and blogging (LOL) there is nothing like a hot, bubbly jet tub to set things right. I am so grateful to Ralph Klein and his "Klein Bucks" from years gone by for buying my tub. I am forever in his debt...yeah, yeah I am!

*************************************************************

I need to ask this question even though I know it's not "politically correct". Aw Shucks...
I was watching the TV show 'Ellen' yesterday.  I rather enjoy this show and Ellen's sense of humour, however on this particular show, like Ellen, all her guests were gay.

 Now BEFORE anyone freaks out, I am NOT a gay-basher. Nor do I think God loves them any less or gays won't go to Heaven. No, I don't judge and I do not cast the first stone. This is not what troubles me...

I'm not quite sure how to put this, except to just say it. My issue is with what appears an overuse of gays (real or fictional) in today's entertainment. It seems almost every show has it's "token" homosexual.  It could be considered exploitative except that it seems gay folks celebrate the openness and supposed acceptance.  And another thing...

Why is it that if someone is in the public eye, like Ontario's new Premier, that it seems imperative to inform us of his/her sexual orientation?  What does this matter??  Why do I need to know??? Does it affect how the job is done? Why? I want to know, why?

I fear that if this phenomena continues to grow that soon the folks "coming out" will be the heterosexuals...

Hmmmm...

*********************************************************

One more thing...

Oh my goodness (OMG), dear me (DM) and who really cares (WRC)!!

Miley Cyrus has done it again...Anything to break out of her good girl, squeaky clean image...

Afterall, who wouldn't rather be viewed this way..

Than this way...

Ahhh come on, Miley is neither the first nor shall she be the last to ditch the good girl image for town tramp!

Publicity people! Publicity!

I say if you're truly confident that your talent can carry the day then these tired old antics wouldn't be necessary.  Come on Miley, why fall into this trap??

Get some new PR people...
************************************************************

Tha..tha..that's all folks!!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with both tidbits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gay or straight why not be a decent human being!

    As for Miley, I think she's merely transitioning from sweet innocent sheltered child to finding herself in her new grown up womanly self. I don't find her overly fake or too trashy, she's a young attractive adult why not flaunt what the good lord gave her? Compared to over child stars I find she's done a remarkable job staying current and staying in the spot light to say compared to the train wreck that is Lindsay Lohan.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!