Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tuesday Tid Bits...

Joy to the World, the Lord is come!

It's hard to believe there can be any joy in this world we live in; just listen to the evening news...

fatal accidents...
shootings...
robberies..
fires...

and yet when I think (yes I can so!) beyond these horrible tragedies there really are small pockets of true joy this time of year.

Like digging out all my Christmas mugs and enjoying a really good cuppa java...

Sampling the Christmas baking while it's being prepared...

Ignoring my thickening waistline, at least for the season...

Oh and...let's not forget the Christmas Tree and all the decorations!

Who doesn't enjoy digging out the dusty boxes, untangling the twisted lights while...

drinking "Special" eggnog and listening to Bing crone all the old Christmas tunes??  Or better...

listening to Elvis belt out, "Blue Christmas"!

The ultra, super delicious, scrumptious turkey feast (that someone else cooked)! Yum, yum!!

Come on guys...is there no better joy than receiving that "surprise" gift from a loved one?? 

Except maybe...

Joy to the world, The Lord is come!!

**********************************************************

Today I take my precious pooch for his Christmas haircut...really...

It occurs my doggie gets more haircuts than I do!!

Whazup with that!    

***********************************************************

In the news:

Bye, bye penny...

"The last new penny was struck May 4 at a Winnipeg plant. And starting on Feb. 4 next year, the mint will stop distributing any remaining stock and instead start collecting pennies from banks and other financial institutions."

 
"These first pennies were actually shipped to Canada, but minted in England. It wasn't until 1908 that Canadian pennies were actually minted within Canada."

 
 
This saddens me, not because it doesn't make economic sense, but because it's the end of yet, another bygone era.
 
***********************************************************
Tha...tha...tha...it's it folks!!


1 comment:

  1. The penny leaving makes me sad too - I know it's silly but it does....

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!