Saturday, December 22, 2012

Yuppers, We're still here...

 
 
Ahhh shucks...
 
I think I might be slightly disappointed...after all, you only get one shot at an end of the world experience.
 
Just think of all the #@!%  you wouldn't have to put up with anymore...
 
  1. Paying Bills!  Or Eds! Or Charlies! Or your loan shark...bookie...whoever!
  2. Working...or if you're the lazy sort; making excuses for not working!
  3. Mundane tasks such as doing dishes, making beds, cleaning anything!
  4. Obnoxious people...or hell, people in general!
I could go on and on until the next "End of World" prediction, but you get the picture.
 
*********************************************************
 
If I hear, "Are you all ready for Christmas" one more time, I might have to end the world myself!!
 
If I hear myself saying, "Are you all ready for Christmas" one more time, I might have to rip out my own tongue!!
 
Honestly, why do we insist on saying the lamest things??  So, how about it?
 
Are you all ready for Christmas yet? No, me neither!
 
***********************************************************
On a different note...
 
Is it okay to be sad at Christmas time? It is after all a most joyous time of year!
 
 I can't help, but feel a wee bit sad for departed loved ones,  or for folks who spend the holiday alone, or for the people of war torn and impoverished countries. These things are sad and it is right to mourn, but as I've gotten older I also, feel a little sad and nostalgic for Christmas's past. I miss...
 
my little girls (now grown women) light up when Santa (Daddy) showed up sooo "unexpectedly" every Christmas Eve. Or...
 
the endless stream of "Charlie Brown" Christmas trees Hubby brought home year after year because that's all we could afford, but with the proper embellishments of popcorn garland, gingerbread men, homemade ornaments and a few store bought shinies; the girls and I could dress those pathetic, little trees until they were fit for royalty...
 
I miss those days...
 
***********************************************************
 On a lighter note...a funny lady!
 
 
************************************************************
One more thing...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I miss the past too! One day we will be missing today - does that make you feel better or worse????

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!