Monday, August 26, 2013

No More for Me...

 
 
No more running for me or... vigorous workouts or...extreme sports or...even...
 
running vigorously uphill, carrying a ninety pound barbell in each hand, while chasing grizzlies in the Rocky Mountains!!!   No Siree!  No more for me!  It just hurts too much these days...
 

But then again who really can do these things after a certain age?  It just goes with getting older;  like having aches and pains, less flexibility, reduced strength and more B.S. and lies ...  Ah well, it sucks, but it can always be worse.  Right?

So, in an effort not to lose it all (you know..."don't use it - lose it") I've been trying faithfully to exercise 4 or 5 days per week.  To be honest, I don't always achieve this goal; last week I completely lost it and didn't exercise once.  However, by setting a goal, I achieve more than I normally would.  Which could very easily be diddly squat!

Besides doesn't gardening count for exercise??  Or climbing stairs several times a day??

I try to do two main forms of exercise, one with Jane Fonda (no, not in person!) on DVD and my ever so slight (yea sure) variations on yoga.  I use to do power yoga pre-back injury, but alas, this is more my style now...


or this...

But, I quite like yoga.  It definitely is my speed (slow and stop) plus, the added bonus of not breaking too much sweat.  I do HATE to sweat!  Hating to sweat runs in my bloodline; another blog topic, another day.  Anyway, if I stay away from the more exotic yoga styles...like this one... (shudder)


...I do quite well. 

Then there's Jane...  I hate her!!


My goodness, she's 70-something and I swear if she can do this and look so great at her age, I should be able to follow suit.  Uh-huh...  Right...

Sure I can...

Well, maybe Good Ol' Jane can just be my inspiration.  Regardless, she does have several very good workouts for the mature woman and trust me, they seem deceptively easy, but really are a decent challenge...at least for this old broad! 

I also, have to give Dear Jane credit, even though she is famous and all.  She is not only over 70, but has osteoarthritis and has had a hip and knee replacement so...staying fit can't be all that easy.  Kudos to her!

***************************************************************

Tha...that's all folks! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!