Monday, September 9, 2013

Over the Top...

After reading this blog about getting a tattoo, specifically a "Tramp Stamp" check it here, I got to pondering the entire idea about adorning our bodies in a permanent fashion and how extreme we've become...

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not against tattoos or piercings, per se, but I do wonder "what were you thinking" when I see how outrageous some people are these days!  I marvel on how I once thought a tongue or nose pierce was excessive or a full sleeve tattoo was radical.  Compared to the goings on today, these are now considered moderate, conservative, normal...

Would you date a guy who sported this tattoo...


Honestly, what would you think when you discovered this one?  Or...


How about dating this guy?  Well...maybe if your name was Brenda...

Then what about the world of piercings?  Why would a pretty, young gal do something like this to her face...


or this?


 I get wanting to be unique, distinctive, decorated...  But, I don't get why anyone would go to such excess?  I'm especially distressed when it's a young person because most will come to deeply regret the follies of their youth. Plus, there may not be much that can be done about it.  Or it could be very expensive and painful to fix. 

I wish common sense would prevail and our youth would realize that these permanent ornaments may not be so "sick" when they get older but, in fact, might make them sick that they ever did it!

Then there are the piercings and tattoos that are really OVER THE TOP...

CRAZY...

WACKADOODLE...

FREAKY...

NUTSO...

Nobody in their right mind would do this to themselves!





Nopers!  This is truly sick!

***********************************************************

Ta Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!