Sunday, September 29, 2013

Tripping over Myself...

I've raised a family, been married 37 years and survived to talk about it! Wowzers!

To the best of my knowledge (and despite myself) I don't think I screwed up my loverly daughters too much...they appear to be well-adjusted, joyful and caring adults. At least, I tell myself this...

There are no manuals, not really. Oh sure, there are books that are filled with lots of wholesome advice from getting a toddler to sleep to hiding veggies in the cereal, but...once you leave the safety and sanity of those published "how to" guides, you must deal with the reality of fatigue (yours), bad tempers (yours too) and meltdowns (again yours)!

It isn't easy being a mommy. No, nada, hardly! And don't let anyone who has "been there, done that" tell you it is...

however, with a little patience (with yourself) and lots of whiskey just kiddin' , it is the most thrilling and challenging roller coaster ride you'll ever take! But, oh, so scary!


Because, let's face it, no matter how well you follow the guidelines of books, listen (or not) to your mother or heed a friend's always supportive (?) advice or...

no matter how cocky you feel because you got them to 18 without either one of you doing jail time; you can never really be sure of the job you did until they're off into the big, bad world. Dats the true measure of success or failure...AND...even then...when is the credit or blame yours or theirs? Hummm...

So, with all this in mind and of course, my vast experience and wisdom (?) I am going to attempt writing a weekly tidbit on my personal adventures into motherhood.  I hope to publish every Monday, but please don't hold me hostage to this as I may have to attend my Procrastinator's Meeting none and then!

Also, I don't consider myself an expert on the woes or successes of parenting.  These tales are meant to entertain and hopefully, enlightened, but basically...

It's just the way it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!