Monday, March 11, 2013

Mindful Mondays...

I have been known to rant and rave...'tis true.

I've also, been known to be mistaken...I know, I know, it's so hard to believe...

So, when I first read the following scripture...which, thankfully was awhile ago...

"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus" 1 Thessalonians 5:18

I went on a rant to God that sounded something like this...

My Rant...

Really Lord?  Really?

I'm suppose to be thankful when my life is falling apart and I think I might be losing my mind?  You...have...got...to...be...joking!  How can a good God ask me to be thankful for that...

...and this is your will for me?  Just because I am a Christian?  Because I believe in Jesus?

What?  So, because I'm a Christian I must suffer and...be thankful for suffering?  Why am I even a Christian then? 

I thought being Christian meant I'd be blessed and blessed?  That there would be perks.  So, what is this all about...

...be thankful for rotten circumstances?  I don't think so!
----------------------------------------------------------------
God's answer...

My Child, My Child...

...you have misunderstood.  I am not asking you to be thankful for the circumstances, but rather, in all circumstances.

There is a difference...can you see it? 

You live in a fallen world and the devil prowls like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.  He will bring you many crosses to bear in this life.  I am asking you to thwart the devil and remain thankful despite these troubles.

This is my will...

know My Child, that your trials are so much easier to bear when you remain in Christ Jesus...when you know you are loved and protected...when you remain thankful in your circumstances.

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”  John 16:33
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I bowed my head...in humility...I stood corrected.






1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! Such a big thing to know we aren't expected to be thankful for everything, but we are to always find something to be thankful for!!! Love it - thanks for writing this!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!