Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Sunday...


Today is Easter Sunday.  A day, Christians all over the world, celebrate with reverence, hope, gladness and gratitude for the sacrifice Jesus made for us.  It is right...it is as it should be...and yet...

I can't help thinking about what God did for us.  
John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I am a parent of two beautiful, grown daughters who have embraced my life and made it complete.  I cannot imagine loving anything or anyone enough to motivate me to sacrifice the life of either girl.

Cannot...imagine...and yet...

God found just such a love for all mankind to watch and wait for the unimaginable to happen to his son.  His ONLY son!

How horrifying it had to be to watch Jesus spit on, beaten, whipped and eventually nailed to a cross and left to die.

How heart wrenching not to intervene when Jesus cried out, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"  Matt. 27:46

But God didn't save his only son from this horrendous death.  Didn't save when he could have, didn't save when he should have... because of us.  You...me...

We do not deserve such favour, such love.

WE

DO NOT

DESERVE!

And yet, God loved us so much...

I cannot imagine.





2 comments:

  1. It blows my mind to think of a love so great that He did what He did for us. I don't feel worthy, yet I know He thinks I am.
    Happy Easter - because He lives!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!