Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What this Old Broad knows for Sure aka Wednesday's Wisdom....

What I know for sure is that people shouldn't be treated special, preferred, chosen...

just because they're celebrities.

Once again Lindsay Lohan has eluded jail time even though she crashed her car and resisted and lied to police officers.  She received a 90 day "lock down" rehab stint, psychotherapy and 30 hours community service for this stunt crime.

She has committed similar crimes...

not once...

not twice...

not even three...

but, SIX times! Six times in court for her criminal acts and she still gets a wrist slap.  Are the courts waiting for her to seriously injure or kill someone???

If you or I pulled this kind of crap, do you think it would be called a "stunt" and we'd get community service??

Lohan may be an addict and no doubt her lunatic mother and publicity seeking father are responsible for many of her demons, BUT she is 26 years old!  It's time she either genuinely sought help or was thrown into jail! 

Harsh??  Perhaps...

She is a so-called movie star and yet, the most media exposure she seems to receive, is her revolving door court appearances.  Lohan is a fading star and methinks (call me cynical) these "stunts" could all be very premeditated...


*************************************************************

I know for sure I can be a cynic realist, but sometimes I can't help, but think that today's technology may be more insidious than we even suspect?  This is about my laptop...

I bought it on payments and ever since it's been paid for I've been having nothing, but trouble with it.  Could it be something else causing the problems?  Sure...

It could be a virus.

It could be the battery is failing.

It could be the frickin' bogey man!!  BUT, it is none of these!  So...

I tested and retested, ran virus and malware scans, googled, rebooted, kicked, scratched and yelled; yet nothing has fixed it!  So, you ask (you did ask, right?) what is it doing?

It...has...gone...wonky!!  Try googling it...there is so such a description! And...guess what I got when I asked specifically about my model?  It says, "This is an old model, try our new Inspiron laptops with Intel Core!"

OLD!  They have got to be kidding!!

I just paid for this black hearted beast and NO; I did not finance it over 20 years!!!

So, back to my original point...(yes, there is a point to this rant)  Since it's been paid, my laptop has not worked properly.  I can't help, but think that there could be a wee, little treat hidden deep inside the hard drive that is set to go off the moment the last payment is made. 

Cynical?  Maybe...

A little conspiracy theoryish?  Perhaps...

But, possible?  Why not...
************************************************************

Toodle Loo Kangeroo!

1 comment:

  1. This same thing happened with our computer - you might be on to something!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!