Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tuesday Tid Bits...

I woke with a headache today which means today's post may or may not make sense...

I think I'm tired of Oprah and her advice!  There I said it out loud...


I was watching her "last chapter"...oh, excuse me..."next chapter" the other night and she was having such a loverly conversation with 2 VERY powerful and VERY influential women.  One was "something or other" Sandberg, the leading lady at Facebook and the other is a Chief Justice (might remember her name "sans" headache) who was appointed to the United States Supreme Court by President Obama.

In both discussions Oprah discussed these women's rise to the top, their books and their viewpoints on how all women can succeed (just like them). Huh uh...well...

just once I'd like to see Oprah sit down with two working women from the "backside of nowhere" who have succeeded at raising three great kids, one husband, multiple dogs, cats, birds and an occasional mouse on a small income in a smaller house AND still manage to be filled with joy, love and generosity.  Hmmm...Wouldn't that make an interview?? 

I'm not saying that in all of Oprah's years of meeting and greeting people, she hasn't interviewed the ordinary woman, but never in the context of these two prominent women.  What "normal" everyday lady could compete? 

The ordinary women is only influential in her own small world.  She is COO of her 1200 sq. ft. home and was appointed by her family.  There are no books, no speeches, no videos and certainly no, Oprahs singing her accolades all over  Prime Time TV and yet...

this is the most common type of woman; plain, unadorned, simple.  I was a much greater fan of Oprah's years ago when she struck a cord with the everyday woman, like myself.

Before she became an advice guru...a spiritual guide...a sage...when she had flaws and was imperfect.

 
*************************************************************
 
Ta Ta...




4 comments:

  1. I must say I've never been a fan of Oprah, and ever since she denied that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven I have been even less impressed.

    On the other hand, I do admire her story. She came from nothing and has made a fortune for herself, using her God-given talents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true...I do admire her story, I just wish she were still down-to-earth as she once was.

      Delete
  2. Couldn't agree with you more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fan of Oprah either. I have always had a taste of hypocrisy in my mouth when it comes to her. True, she has done well for herself and I do admire that but in one breath she is "giving back" and the next she's charging up between $200-$400 a ticket to see her live? No thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!