Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday...

I have rediscovered the virtues and good taste of V8 juice (anyone remember the saying, "Could have had a V8"?  If you do, gawd you're getting old!!

 
 
Anyway, in the spirit of trying to eat and drink healthier I bought a jug of V8 juice which (I hate to admit) sat in the fridge cooling off for quite awhile before I cracked it opened.  But, one day I decided it's time...
 
and was very pleasantly surprised that I did indeed, still like the taste.  Now this is not an endorsement, nor was I held at gunpoint to write this, but by golly, gosh and dang it...
 
if you haven`t tried V8 for awhile, give it a whirl around the dance floor!
 
************************************************************
Now I do impulse buy...
 
and sad to say, I have bought some useless things over the years, just because this trinket or that shiny thingie caught my eye.  So, I do get buying before thinking, but...
 
some people need less money and more brains! 
 
I heard that Kanye West, a rapper, recently bought a 91,000 dollar t-shirt by Hermes made entirely out of crocodile skin!  Yes, you read this right...91 thousand big ones for a plain, black, short sleeved t-shirt!
 
Is this impulse buying in it's highest form?  Why oh why, would he actually go through with this purchase once he knew the price?  Or did he "just have to have it" and when the price was disclosed, was too embarrassed to say, "Are you out of your cotton-pickin' minds!!" 
 
But maybe he bought it knowing the price...
 
After all, he is Kanye West, the great, god rapper with %7!0 for brains!! 
 
*************************************************************
 One more thing...
 
Oldest Daughter and I were talking the other day about how you can't believe anything you hear, read or see these days. 
 
At one time, you knew if it came from "The National Inquirer" it was likely false, but mainstream media always strive to give the straight goods.  Now, even the local news is slanted toward sensation and misleading statements.
 
The Internet is filled with personal opinion, falsehoods, tricks and outright cheats.  It's very difficult to know what is true.  Just check out Wikipedia!
 
Magazines are filled with pictures of models and celebrities that have been so altered and adjusted that in most cases, the results are totally artificial.
 
Politicians lie through their smiles...
 
Ad commercials mislead and misinform...
 
The service industry rips you off without a second thought...
 
Where has honesty and integrity gone?
 
I know there have always been the snake oil salesmen.  Never in the history of fallen mankind has there ever been pure candour, but there was a time when what we saw, heard, read was predominately truthful.  When...
 
a man's word was his bond...
 
a handshake formed a binding contract...
 
a picture was worth a thousand words...
 
That time has gone with the horse and buggy; I miss it...
 
************************************************************
 
Happy Trails to You.... 




2 comments:

  1. I have never been able to bring myself to even try V8...it just doesn't sound or look appetizing to me. Maybe I will have to take your advice and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like V8 yet I never drink it - I should start! It is sad how we can't believe anything we see anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!