Monday, May 13, 2013

Back in the Saddle Again...

I want to thank everyone who responded with such kind and understanding comments to my previous blog entry.  I do apologise for it being so...

dismal...
depressing...
drab...
dreary...

and darn right gloomy, but I'd had a series of very painful days and some disheartening news and was just in the zone for an old-fashioned pity party.  It sucks...but it happens...

However, all my awesome blog readers have this ole Granny feelin' better and back to (almost) normal.  Yes indeedy!  Thanks again for hangin' in and I do hope I didn't scare anyone off.

Plu...eeze, don't leave me!! 

***************************************************************
Now on to happier thoughts...

Such as coffee!  I use to be a real coffee aficionado...okay, okay... a real coffee addict!  In fact, Timmy's, Starbucks & I were quite the threesome.  Huh huh...but, alas not so much anymore.  I'd like to say it's because I've joined the ever-popular health trend and now frequent the organic juice bars, but 'tis not true.  Much to my earnest dismay, I just can't tolerate the dedication I once had to the java bean.

Nope...can't do it!  Just another drawback to getting older.  I regrettably find too much caffeine will...
  • keep me awake while doing housework (or sex)
  • upset my stomach for eating cookies & ice cream
  • cause the hair on my chin to grow coarser (just kiddin' about the hair growing coarser!)
  • caused me to shrink and grow fatter (not kiddin'!)
However, I will not!  Refuse!  Snub and Reject the entire idea of consuming decaf!  Nope, if God intended coffee to be caffeine free, he would have created it!  So, I limit myself to one or two delicious full-bodied, caffeine-loaded cuppas per day and...

just forego housework...

****************************************************************
One more thingie...

Although I'm a day late, I want to wish all you Mommas out there in blog land a wonderful coming year and hope many blessings come your way!  As for myself...well, my loverly family created the most unusual and thoughtful way to show their love and entertain my funny bone this Mother's Day.

They built me a super sized, outdoor scrabble board!  Miss J came up with this unique idea after seeing a giant-sized game on pinterest.  Honestly, the letter squares must measure 4 or 5 inches wide and the board (made from ceramic tiles) about 4 feet square.  It will fit on my verandah where I and whoever I can con into it can play a rousing game of outdoor scrabble.  What could be more exciting?  Except maybe accompanying it with a hot cuppa a java...hm mm!

It should become quite the conversational piece as I do believe, I'm the only one in town with such a distinctive gift.  Thanks family!! Love ya more!

****************************************************************

Toodle Loo! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!