Thursday, May 23, 2013

Gardening with Granny...

My two youngest grandchildren have hit an age where they can help this ol' Granny plant a garden.  Well...they are only four and five so, maybe not quite big enough, but what the heck...I can use any help I get!

I haven't been able to garden for awhile due to a back injury, but since having surgery last summer, I feel like getting my hands dirty and my spirit refreshed.  What better way than gardening with two little munchkins? 

I have 911 on speed dial just in case I get stuck planting carrots or somethin'... Huh huh!

Hubby prepared a small garden area for us so, before we tackle this project, I'm in planning mode.  Ahhh yes, I do remember step one, plan before you plant.  Well, maybe step one would really be preparing the ground, but since I didn't do this part...well...

Step one; plan before you plant!  I bought a loverly assortment of seeds such as carrots, lettuce, green onions, etc.  There was a moment where I wished there were seeds for candy bars; you know, for the kids and all...  Just sayin'...

I have strategized, organised, schemed and dreamed of the most beautiful garden ever, imagining a bountiful harvest of fresh veggies and fall harvest.  Yes, indeedy!


  The I remembered who my little helpers will be??





 Whatja think?  Perhaps, the garden will look more like this...


Just sayin'...

**************************************************************

 
everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help.
Gardening is an instrument of grace.
May Sarton


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!