Thursday, May 30, 2013

Coffee, Coffee, everywhere....

I use to drink a lot of coffee.  I mean a lot...

a bunch...

heaps...

oodles...

all day...all evening.  Heck, I even ran my own coffee shop called "The Java Joint", which is another story for another day.  But, as I've gotten older, I've noticed my consumption of my favorite beverage has gone downhill.

Why?  Oh why??  It's one of those "thingies" that hit you over 50!  I remember when my sister started declining coffee because "it bothered her".  Right...  I thought she was just being a wuss!  It seems these days I've joined the ranks of wussdom (is there such a word?) too!  Oh me. oh my!

What is next??? 

I'll tell you what is next...

First your coffee intake declines, then you start drinking more H20, then you start going to bed at a reasonable hour, then "sleeping in" is 7 AM, then bran buds start tasting yummy, then...

Oh horrors! 

You begin an exercise program even if you've never, ever exercised a day in your adult life!

And ALL because we can't handle coffee anymore?? 

Or perhaps, we're getting a wee bit wiser??  Mmmm...

Still, I haven't entirely given up my favorite beverage...I just drink 2 or 3 cups per day versus 10 or 15

And...

plu...eeze shoot me if I EVER drink decaff!!  Yuck! Icky! Blah!  Give me the real deal or give me nut...ting!

****************************************************************

Ta Ta!  See ya over at Timmie's!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!