Monday, February 11, 2013

Mindful Monday's...

A Cookie Tale: by BJMorden

 
Okay, who hasn't done this...

 
I decided to make some oatmeal cookies today. Yummy in my tummy...

I was gathering the ingredients when I discovered that the cupboard where the oatmeal is kept was (in my judgement) a disgusting mess!  Not really...but it makes this pathetic tale sound more sane.

So, I did what any reasonable person might do, hauling out every single this and that from the offending cupboard. Yuppers, what should have taken 30 seconds turned into a very lengthy project.

By the time I'd finished checking, washing, sorting and whatever else I thought was necessary; I was pooped.

Now I must recharge before I can make those &0!#% oatmeal cookies!
************************************************************
In keeping with the above mentioned tale, here are a list of huge time wasters that keep us from living our best life...
  1. TV -  If we're selective and view in moderate amounts TV can be both entertaining and informative, however, how many times have you mindlessly wasted an entire evening viewing crap??  Much better to read a good book, call a friend , play a skilled game or why not get more shut eye??
  2. Cleaning -  I know cleanliness is next to Godliness, but all you clean freaks out there already know how much time is wasted washing, dusting, polishing and organizing.  STOP IT!  Go play with your kids...
  3. Social Media - LIMIT FACE BOOK!!
  4. Grooming -  I'm all in for personal hygiene, but if you are taking 5 times longer (or more) than everyone else, you may have a problem.  No one needs to be that high maintenance...
These are just a few time wasters to think about; they eat up valuable seconds, minutes, hours, days of our life. No one, not even you, can afford to lose that much...
************************************************************
Tha...tha...that's all folks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh those fits of organization......I have a love/hate relationship with those!!! Glad your cupboards are clean!!! You deserve a cookie!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!