Friday, February 15, 2013

Wildcard Friday...

 
My rant of the week...
 

I am so tired...

worn out...

weary...

and fed up... with today's attempt at manufacturing the fountain of youth, immortality or whatever you wanna call it.  Are we boomers so afraid of letting go of our reign that we must lie about aging??  And what about how we redefine aging by calling...

80 the "New" 60...

60 the "New" 40...

I call it a bunch of "I can't believe anyone buys this crap"!

What is death called???  The "New" 90???

My second grievance (or B with an itch) are the 20-something models advertising anti-aging products.  Plu-eeze!!  Why, oh why, do the advertisers do this?  Do they honesty believe anyone buys this BS??
 Well...

obviously, someone is buying it because anti-aging skin care is a booming, multi-billion dollar industry!  Do you believe this?!

Nuff said...
************************************************************
One more thing...

I love to write...

I discovered this when I was 12. It started with poetry; silly, sappy and slightly moronic poems that I shared with my Dad (another wannabe writer).  I think he appreciated them or at least, he had the good grace to pretend.

After my poetry phase the writing bug caught me and I wrote whatever and whenever I could.  Long letters to family and friends, journal after journal and occasionally even efforts to get published (to no avail I might add). 

I also, love to read and this is where my problems began.  I wanted so badly for so long to sell novels and become rich and famous; just like my favorite authors.  Could I have chosen a more delusional and brazen undertaking?

Of course, I failed. I wasn't writing from the heart anymore.  My eyes were on the prize, not on the writing itself.  Then brokenhearted and discouraged, I stopped trying and except for personal journals, I didn't write for a long time.  Then Oldest Daughter, discovered blogging (her blog is here) and told me about it.

Blogging?? What the heck is this new-fangled thang???

It took me awhile and a few trial runs, but finally I'm writing just because I love to write.  No more delusions about becoming world famous or gaining great wealth, although I could still take it! LOL

Do I want folks to read my blog?  Sure. Would it be great if my blog got well known?  Sure.  But none of this is the end goal and if my blog never gets well known (which is the likely scenario) that`s okay.

 Dear readers, if this old broad can give you a tiny bit of advice it would be; write from your heart, write because you love it, find your voice and the readers will follow (literally! LOL).
************************************************************
Tha...Tha...That`s all folks!
Happy Friday...

6 comments:

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!