Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Tuesday TidBits...

Okay, I'm a day late and a dollar short but, better late than never. Right?
 
 
Right...

I am a die hard Trekkie fan since "The Starship Enterprise" first took flight waaaayyyy back in the 60's!  I fell in love with the whole idea of searching the galaxy for other life forms and the show called "The Trouble with Tribbles" was my all time fave.  And yes...

who didn't love, love, love Captain James T. Kirk; you handsome devil, you! 
Anyway, my hero Captain Kirk aka William Shatner will be having a a 10 minute chat with Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield on Thursday morning on  Hadfield's video link which will be carried live on the Canadian Space Agency's website: http://www.asc-csa.gc.ca/eng/webcast.asp

How cool is that!! Okay well, maybe only to us Trekkies, but still...
************************************************************
Went shopping with my first born daughter and has always, it was a sheer delight! However, I was reminded of something I know I've done a gazillion ( well, maybe only a gahundred) times and I know many of you have, too.

You know the one; wasting time checking out "useless" store instead of just going directly to the "go-to" store in the first place?  That's right up there with finding that perfect "whatever" in the first store, but because of some sorta shopping insanity, travelling the entire 15 acres of mall only to return to said first store and buying the perfect whatever!

Yes, indeedy, most of us have fallen prey.

So, after squandering over a hour in useless store, we make our way to the favorite one.  In no time, daughter manages to spend her entire wad and we'd only covered half the store!  Do ya think we'll learn?

Nah, I doubt it...
************************************************************
One more thing...


Have any of you caught the new show called "The Following"?  It's a intense cop thriller starring Kevin Bacon (in his first television series) as Ryan Hardy a retired FBI cop called out of retirement when convicted serial killer, Joe Caroll played by James Purefoy, starts sending out his recruited followers to kill for him.

It is gritty, graphic and kept me guessing, but it isn't for the faint at heart. Some scenes are quite gorey, but then I'm a big fan of "Criminal Minds" which also, has it's gore.

I quite enjoyed this new show which has mixed fan reviews. Seems people either really enjoyed it or hated it. I say, heh, it's popular television and time will tell if it matches the caliber of some of the more successful cop dramas.

Check it out if you're a cop show fan...

Seriously.
*************************************************************
Tha..tha...that's all folks!

1 comment:

  1. To think if we had went straight to the fav store we could have spent an hour chatting in your kitchen!!! I will have to check out that show I really like Kevin Bacon! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!