Monday, February 25, 2013

Mindful Mondays...

Lately, I've been asking myself two questions...

First, what am I waiting on?
Second, am I mindful of all God's blessings in my life?

Honestly, I spend much too much time in self-defeating inner talk...

You know what I mean; the endless tapes that roll around our minds playing the same old pessimistic messages:
  • I'm never going to amount to anything
  • I'm useless
  • my life is a mess
  • I'm depressed
  • It's too late
These tapes run incessantly...

One of the world's solutions in overcoming these negative messages is by repeating positive affirmations. You know how it goes; I'm good enough, I'm special enough, I'm smart enough and doggone it people like me...

This remedy is all well and good, but in many cases it just puts a band-aid on the bigger problem. 

The real issue is what we truly believe! 

I mean the deep in your gut belief.  The raw, unvarnished, not-so-pretty truth.  We can spout all the fluffy stuff we want to, but if our words don't match our spirit, well... it just won't succeed.

God is waiting, too...

waiting for us to believe that in Jesus we are "good enough"... waiting for us to remember all the blessings already given to us and...

all the blessings just waiting for us.

So what am I waiting for???

1 comment:

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!