Friday, February 22, 2013

Wildcard Friday...


I like to fix candles...don't know why, can't understand it, but I find it very therapeutic, calming, relaxing...

almost has much as the candle burning.  Weird, huh?
*************************************************************

I've been asking myself lately why, oh why, we so often give up doing things we once enjoyed?

Okay, I get that I probably had to quit playing Barbie sometime before I became an adult, which...

by the way, another joy of getting older, is being able to play with my littlest granddaughter (Kit Kat) and once again enjoying Barbie!!

But even as an adult, I quit so many things throughout the years. A few of these are...
  • building puzzles
  • playing baseball
  • skating
  • tobogganing
  • making snow angels
  • hosting get together's
  • date nights (preferably) with Hubby  LOL!
  • going for long cruises in the car (preferably with Hubby)
  • taking photographs
  • concerts
  • games night
Some of these I probably shouldn't do anymore due to a back injury (no, I don't mean building puzzles!!) and some I may have to go at slower than I did when I was younger (like getting up from the snow after making an angel!).

Perhaps, I need to reassess my life and take time to restore some of these activities into my life. Afterall, there's nothing like getting older and fully realizing how short a time we really do have here.

I think it's time to dig out those old snow pants, go to a concert with Hubby, buy a puzzle and plan a shindig. Heh, maybe I could do this all in one event??  Imagine how much fun...


it would be to invite everyone to bring their snow pants and come over to make snow angels, then build a puzzle, then go to a concert with Hubby and me!!  Hmmmm...

Yippee Ki-yay!

6 comments:

  1. That does sound like one hip happening event!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on the party!!!lol

    you wanted my site link? - here it is..http://lizzie-amazinggrace.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do it!!!
    And I have to ask, what do you mean by fix candles?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When a candle burn down funny and becomes all oddly shaped and what not, I like to fix it so it looks and burns all loverly again. Does that make sense? Nah...to me neither! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, that does make sense. I have had many candles that could have used your expertise!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate & welcome all your comments. If you comment, I know you're reading. Yeah!